Friday, June 23, 2006

Yesterday I tried in vain to net some fish in a home fountain-cum-pond. It's not big at all but the fish were smart & fast from having 3 cats constantly on the prowl for them. It's actually a sad situation. We are taking over the care of the fish because the owner is basically living out the last days and has made the heart wrenching decision to be hospitalised. Cancer is a bitch. I really didn't know what to say being in the house. I wished I was there on a happy occasion. It's sort of a sad sinking realization. The home, the pond, the person.....not terribly close yet still very familiar. I enjoyed quite a few good meals there. They will no longer be. It's different when one knows the other shares the same faith convictions. The belief that it is not the end. Incredible as it seems. This is merely a speck from the perspective of eternity. Until that realization hits home deep in the heart of every loved one I know and care for......I guess there will always be a dull ache and inwardly, a cry for mercy from the Lord Almighty.

No comments: