Saturday, January 13, 2007


Farewell Spacewagon
We got this when No.3 came almost a decade ago. It was great for carting around my 3 monkeys all under aged 5 because those mandatory car seats were so bulky. It served us well. It made countless trips up the Malaysian North South highway fully loaded with seven people, seven golf bags and all our hand luggage. Looking like people moving house, we bought the roof rack and the Thule box on top to stuff even more rubbish. There were a few memorable trips to Cameron Highlands where we came back with a dozen head of cabbage, strawberries and all variety of green leafy vegetables. It also witnessed a few spells of vomitting and was home to whole families of cockroaches. It also absorbed all manner of smells....never quite recovered from Elliott's biweekly post rugby sweat. Then there was the time a mysterious putrid smell that baffled and poisoned us for weeks. Finally the workshop people took the engine and aircon apart to find that a lizard had gone exploring in there and died. There was also a lizard that was squashed by my door as it tried to get into the car. I was driving along quite happily until Matt pointed it out to me. I spotted the be-bodied critter out of the corner of my right eye and detoured to the Botanics (nearest safe spot to stop) for help. Think I shall miss being the road bully it allowed me to be as I bulldozed cars to give way to me. Alas...those were good times.

1 comment:

auntymich said...

a cat once died in my engine, very very gross. thereafter the workshop ppl always remembered my car...