Thursday, April 03, 2008

Cycling Route
Today we did the route in the opposite direction as we normally do. This is because of the long, long trail of trucks waiting in line to get past causeway. Last time the truck driver opened the door just barely missing us cyclists on the road. Not to mention the pollution.
I think these are all the roads we took:
Hillview Ave-Upp Bukit Timah Rd-Mandai Rd-Sembawang Rd-Canberra Road-Admiralty Dr-stopped at Blk 19 Marsiling for yummy soft boiled eggs, kaya toast, 100 plus & China Apple-then Woodlands Ave-Woodlands Rd-Upp Bt Timah Rd-Hillview Ave. 38km.
I can keep up with Buzz & Ricky on the flats. Drafting nicely with ave speed 29-32km/hr. But I get dropped on the hills. My speed drops to 20km/hr and can feel my heartrate going thru the roof. It's double whammy. Both the machine & the engine. The machine....well, I ride an old aluminium that is not as light & spiffy as their carbon fibre frames & super light wheels. The engine....my legs just aren't there yet. Dunno when either. But it's ok. At least my gearing is up to standard. I catch up with them on the flats and they don't have to wait for me.

No comments: