Friday, August 15, 2008

Improvement :)
Good grief. It's been 20 days since my last Joyride. How time flies. I was sick, sick, sick. Also, there was other stuff going on so couldn't make it. Good to be back. I really enjoy the few degrees cooler temperature at 5am than 530am. Anyway, just feel the need to record my first step of notable improvement. I stayed with the peloton until Mandai Road near the crematorium. I survived the 3 hills on Upper Thomson & Sembawang Road. I stayed with the pack. Yes! This is very satisfying. I was able to catch up again after the first drop. Second time dropped I about 20ft behind but had Cassandra for company after the zoo.....not bad at all. Third time drop I was turning off to Dunearn Road anyway but I had company with Carol. Nice. Good chatting today.
There are two things I know I need to do if I want to continue improving. First is to build muscle strength for the climbs. That would entail some sort of weight training. Second is to increase the frequency of my rides. As Scott said, after an absence he rides every day and plans a few longer distances. After 2-3 weeks of intense riding, he regains his form.

No comments: