Sunday, August 24, 2008

SBR & AHM
Singapore Bay Run & Army Half Marathon. Started 630am....finished 945am. Well, I survived. My time was slower than last Dec....but hardly any training. Fortunately the aerobic fitness from cycling helped. The heart is ok....just the legs. It was lovely weather this morning - no sun at all. This is my first time running up Sheares Bridge. Not as steep as I thought it'd be. Nice route. The run along up & down along East Coast always enjoyable - sea on one side. New for everyone was the Expedition Trail beside the Marina Golf Course leading to the Marina Barrage. Bummer was the 16km water point run out of 100Plus & bananas. Drat. So happy I decided to run holding my little Newater bottle. Came in handy when I took my yummy chocolate PowerGel at about 9am. Worst bit of the route was in the Marina South area along Central Blvd with the concrete trucks polluting the air and nothing to look at. There were oodles of puddles here and there and everyone had muddy shoes...especially on the Padang where we ended. Today hundreds of sweaty elbows touched mine the whole 3+ hrs as people squeezed past people to overtake me. So gross. Of course, I was completely drenched in sweat. Began the run needing to pee but that came out as sweat instead. At about 15km my sweat-soaked socks started shifting around in my shoe and I knew a blister was starting to form. We had a lovely shower & breakfast at Singapore Recreation Club. My legs are aching a bit but not too bad. I wonder if I can go cycling on Tuesday. Hmm.

No comments: