Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Tri Shopping
I'm having a jolly good time gathering information about all the tri equipment I need to get. It's a long list and I think the $$ dent is substantial for something I'm not even sure I'm going to like. So far I've invested in a pair of TYR swim goggles (only ones available at the club), private swim lessons (expensive but no choice) and group swim training (need it as it includes 3 open water sessions).
Next purchase is going to be a road bike, helmet, cycling shorts, cycling shoes, gloves, pump etc. That'll be about $2K. I'm going to go for a second-hand Giant with upgraded components Campagnolo Centaur. If I end up hooked on road biking, this will keep me happy for quite a while. I spend a bit more upfront but I won't have to incur upgrading costs from entry level stuff. If I really don't like road biking, I can still offload it. Sounds like a good plan.

No comments: