Tuesday, June 12, 2007



Triladies Triathlon - 23rd Sept 2007 @ East Coast Park

Yup....I've signed up for this. It's going to be the first Asian Women's Triathlon. I'm really excited. This is going to be a stretch for me. But I'm looking forward to the personal challenge. I'm doing the Sprint Distance - 750m swim, 20km bike and 5km run. Think it's pretty 'doable'. The Olympic Distance is double that so no go.....not yet anyway. Maybe never. Anyway, I've been wondering why I want to do this. What's my motivation? Well, one of my goals was to exercise daily anyway.....so this gives it more focus. Besides.....why not? Live a little. Take a risk. I was spending a lot of time in the gym looking for non weight-bearing exercise machines to supplement the weekly runs. Swimming and biking fit the bill.

There are a lot of obstacles to overcome. I tried to join the Masters Swim training at the club today but when the coach saw the way I swam front-crawl, he just shook his head. I need one-on-one coaching on my terrible technique. I was bashing around in the water most unelegantly and lifting my head at the wrong times. Taking big gulps of air like I was desperate. Sigh. Nothing at all like a shark that slices through the water with no wake. All these years I've been swimming breast stroke. Never really liked nor learnt front-crawl properly.

So my first swim class is this Friday at 7am! Stay tuned for daily updates on how I'm going to go from.....zero to hero! Ha!

No comments: