Sunday, October 28, 2007

NB All Terrain Realrun @ Changi Expo
Well, today I completed my first 15km run. It was very long. The monotony of the road was broken up by running on different 'terrain'. It was supposed to be 12km road, 1 km trail, 1 km sand and 1 km runway. But all of us couldn't figure out where the runway was. The best part was along Changi Coast Road and the 1km on the trail. It was shady and breezy. The worst part was the last 2km heading back to Changi Expo building. Not a tree in sight. Almost 10am by then because I was so slow.
Must say I was impressed that all the waterpoints had 100plus. The Guest of Honour was S.R. Nathan. Maybe that's why. After the 6km mark, I developed a pain in my left foot. So started walking. Anyway, really needed to rehydrate. I pleaded with God to make the foot pain go away....and couple of minutes later, it did! That was good or I wouldn't have been have been able to complete.
Anyway, it's not easy walking with a cup of 100plus and trying to drink it. I managed to get it all over my hand and when it dried up, my hand became all sticky. Spent the next few waterpoints trying to wash it off with water. But it was still slightly sticky.
I'm so grateful for the MP3 player. It was just great to be plugged into music the whole 15km. I ate one of those energy gel packs. It tasted all right but I don't know if it helped give me any more energy. I suppose so.

No comments: