Tuesday, September 27, 2005

Eye Language....
Tim's in Italy at the moment (lucky fellow!) and in his email, he asked how the monkeys were doing? Figured he's referring to our kids as we don't have any of the tree-hopping furry kind. As a parent, I'm a receipient of a variety of looks from my troop every day. Actually there's only one monkey, the other two are a dog and a bull. While I'm at it, I might as well share that I'm a snake and Tim's a rabbit. So you see, it's my job to go around and bite everyone.
Today I received quite a few dagger looks. The type where it's almost a battle of the eyes...to see who will blink first. For special emphasis, sometimes it's appropriate to deliberately narrow the eyes to try and magnify the intensity of the stare. Those are no fun, of course. Fortunately, I also received my daily dose of smiling eyes that say 'I love you'. Then there are the doe eyes effect which spells 'pleeeeeeassse' ever so clearly. Quite irresistible - can melt heart type. I also get the 'Gimme a break' look. Today there was also the furrowed eyebrow 'I am mad at you' look. Fume..fume...fume. I could almost see the smoke coming of the ears.
Eyes are great. I think they're like a pair of windows into the soul.
Next time I get mad, I'm going to run to the mirror to see what I look like!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mingying, I note from your blogs you're up at all hours, which only leads me to believe you're a vampire.

I've never bothered to read blogs until yours; it's interesting to gain insight into the daily life of an old friend. Who knew about your passion for rodents??

pong said...

try this: >.<

auntymich said...

do u get those big-eyed "who me??" ones too when they're guilty as hell...

Chris The Baker said...

I'm good with "the evil eye" look...(Ah! I see Chern furiously nodding his head.)

PEW said...

Wah, hope we always see eye to eye yeah? Next time got meetings I must watch out for your flying daggers...heh heh