Friday, November 24, 2006

Clutter
Clutter is not just about clearing a physical space. It's an emotional and spiritual act - Lesley Garner
Do you get a sense of lightness after throwing out a bunch of stuff? I do. I find it incredibly therapeutic. Problem is.....I have too much stuff. And so the process doesn't happen often enough and seems endless when I do get round to it. I find it works best when I have a sudden burst of energy and devil-may-care attitude. Like being trigger happy....I get dustbin happy.
Where does the emotional and spiritual aspects come in? If my junk could talk, they'd be going:
Think about all those good times we had together. Don't they count for anything? How can you do this after all I've done for you? Call yourself a friend? Do this and you'll regret it. Life will never be the same again. Come on....just let me hang around a little longer....I won't take up much space. Promise. Infact, if you leave me here in this dark corner, I won't say a word.

No comments: