Wednesday, November 01, 2006


A Funny Book
There is, by the way, no mention of screaming or microwaves inside. I like the title though. So funny. This book is about life balance. She has tried the usual things like time management, prioritizing, delegating etc. Her conclusion is what she calls:

The Connection Solution
1. What should I do?
2. What do I want to do?
3. What do I need to do?
4. With whom should I connect?

I find these examples she cited as quite funny.

Before I leave on a business trip I have forty-seven things to do. As I prepare, I ask myself four questions. For example:
Q. What should I do before I leave?
A. Go to the charity board of director's meeting.

Q. What do I want to do?
A. Exercise

Q. What do I need to do?
A. Wash the clothes so the family will have some clean underwear when I'm gone.

Q. With whom should I connect?
A. My daughter Emily. The charity's board of directors will forgive me (or get over it), I can exercise on the road, and clean underwear every day is an overrated concept. ( I mean, who is going to ever know?)

I must try that on the boys. Clean underwear is an overrated concept. Nobody will know.

No comments: