Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Bike Shop Help
If I get a flat, I have a vague idea what to do but I hope I never get a flat. My technical knowledge of bikes is shameful. I'm also not very interested in learning. So I rely heavily on bike shops.
Last week, I brought my Bella and Cannondale into Treknology3. I needed help to shift all the components over. 5 things. Front light, rear light, cyclometer, pump & saddle bag. Turns out I needed to get another saddle bag because Topeak couldn't fit. So $36 for a Trek saddle bag. Another $24 for all the labour involved for the other things. $60.
Yesterday I brought Tim's Tank Elite & my Dean Scout into Tay Junction to do several things. For Tim's bike, needed to change the road tires back to off-road tires. He didn't like my Terry Butterfly saddle so I had them change it back to the original red Selle Italia gel. For my Dean Scout, I wanted the Terry Butterfly instead of the super hard Selle Italia saddle. Also needed the seat tube cut so can lower the saddle to the minimum. Last, I needed a shorter stem. The Dean stem was super long. So got a Thomson 70mm stem ($120) instead. My Dean is super light but unfortunately still big for me. It's ok for road and probably simple off-road but I'd have to think twice if I can go Ketam or Bukit Timah hill on it. Anyway, total bill $150.

No comments: