Sunday, June 08, 2008

I haven't had a chance to test my Bella properly yet. The previous owner kept the pedals so I have to bring her in to the bike shop for new ones. I have been lusting after a Litespeed for a few months now. I have to say...she looks really good sitting in my living room. I spend an obscene amount of time researching what others' write about the bike as well. Like this.

The new old school IT'S SO '90s--AND THAT'S GOOD: Carbon frames have been all the rage for a few years now, overshadowing the smooth, supple ride of titanium. Ti, the "it" material of the '90s, combines the lightness of aluminum with the sprightliness of steel, and, a plus for the low-maintenance riders among us, doesn't corrode. But titanium can be difficult to machine, requiring special tools and skills, which adds to the cost. YOU CAN FEEL THE EXPERIENCE: Litespeed has been making ti bikes since 1986, and the Bella since 2004.

No comments: