Tuesday, June 17, 2008

CarryMe
Yesterday morning I had to deliver the in-laws' car to the workshop in Sin Ming. I put my Carryme foldie in the trunk with my bike helmet. And I cycled back - mostly pavement and a little bit of road. It was fun. It took me about 25 minutes to get to Sime Road. Actually 20 minutes because the other 5 minutes was for waiting at the traffic light to cross to the MacRitchie side.
It was a breeze carrying the bike up and down the overhead bridge just before Sime Road. Only 8kg. I think that's 2-3kg lighter than my Strida. Big difference. There is no safe way to cross the PIE except to go left on Sime Road, under the PIE and the end of University Road. So I did that. Then I crossed at Adam Road hawker centre back and came home via Shelford Road. Total travel time 45 minutes. Not bad. Not bad at all.

No comments: