Thursday, May 11, 2006

And yet another to cancer.....
Last night I was at a wake at the Christian columbarium in Choa Chu Kang - Garden of Remembrance. Old schoolmate from 25 yrs ago. The breast cancer appeared 4 yrs ago and later became all -over cancer. Could tell as there were the obvious visual side effects of chemotheraphy. There was a sense of peace with the loved ones she left behind....so it was rather pleasant actually. The photo she choose to display was lovely. Glam shot....from her wedding just 7 yrs ago.

Anyway, the photo set me thinking about what it would be like with the new heaven & new earth when Jesus Christ comes back again for us.

Now the dwelling of God is with men, and he will live with them. They will be his people, and God himself will be with them and be their God. He will wipe every tear from their eyes. There will be no more death or mourning or crying or pain, for the old order of things has passed away. (Revelations 21:3,4)

I was wondering what I would look like. Would I look like at my prime? Just like the glam shot of my friend. Doesn't make sense to look like when we kick the bucket.....whatever took us away....disease, age, accident etc.

He who was seated on the throne said, " I am making everything new! Then he said, "Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true. " He said to me: " It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To him who is thirsty I will give to drink without cost from the spring of the water of life.......(Revelations 21:5,6)

Good that everything will be new....restored....just like we know it, but without all the defects, disease, hurt, broken-ness, whatever.
Then it goes on about those that are

....cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers..........thier place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death. (Revelations 21:7,8)

I understand the second death refers to spiritual death - the permanent separation from God.

And so.....it's sobering....to process the passing of a person (albeit one I hardly knew). But also good to look forward to everything being made new again. No cancer ever. Yeah.

No comments: