Saturday, May 06, 2006

Polling Day
Today's the day. But I'm in the Holland-Bukit Timah GRC which is not contested. So I don't have to vote. Think this place has never been contested....and probably never will be. Last time I voted was way back and for the President - either Ong Teng Cheong or Chua Kim Yeow.
My Progress Package was $200. Tsk. Next time election comes around, think I should move. Don't even get to smell any wiff of upgrading carrot (the one with many zeros attached). I have no idea who my MP is now. But I do remember one Sunday afternoon (last year?) when my doorbell rang. I walked up to my gate to see what the fellow wanted. Turned out he was prepping people to shake hands with Mr Gan Kim Yong . Think my quizzical look revealed what was going on in my head.
Huh? Who's that?
I told him I wasn't interested. But before I knew it, Mr Gan was there sticking his hands out through my gate. So I shook his hands. The impression it left on me was probably not one he was hoping for.
Wah biang. This guy is not very tall hor. He's actually about my height leh. Oh no..I hope all my sons grow up to be taller than that.
Have to say though. Must give him some credit for taking a hot Sunday afternoon to go walk around my estate just to shake people's hands.

No comments: