Monday, May 15, 2006


Mother's Day
I heard a lot of noise from the kitchen when I woke up. I knew what the boys were up to. Resisted thinking to myself, " Hope it's not too much of a mess they make in their bid to do something sweet for me. " I was served breakfast in bed. I liked the teamwork. One brought the small table. The other brought the tray. In the end, I brought the tray out to the dining table because it's too weird for me to eat breakfast in bed. What if I leave crumbs and then ants will attack me at night?
My son gave me flowers. His school was smart......I didn't ask how much he had to cough out for that. It's the thought that counts, right?
As anticipated, ate too much food at dinner. We went to that new Shanghainese restaurant near Sixth Avenue. Yanqing's Secret. My fave was the Heavenly Old Duck Soup (milky like fish soup but oh so delicate). The selection of cold appetisers were superb.....especially the 18 seasonal vegetables that were crunchy yet asthetically presented....and the deep fried Shanghainese fish. Everything was excellent....the xiao long bao, the venison, the sweet & sour fish, the sesame pancake, the "mochi"- like dessert with fresh cream & mango.
I weighed 50.7kg before dinner and 52kg after. Oink.

1 comment:

auntymich said...

awww so sweet...nice to be appreciated, nvr mind the kilos!