Friday, November 25, 2005

Yadayadayada.......
One of my favourite persons on this planet shared this piece of information with me.

Vaso-vagal syncope is the medical term for a common cause of fainting. In this disorder, the nervous reflexes which control heart rate and blood pressure behave abnormally causing a drop in blood pressure and a fainting spell.

We are of the same vintage, go back a looooong way....and share this abnormality. When we drink and stand up too quickly, we faint. She suffered the indignity of this in a hotel lobby and had to be carried to her room. I've also landed on a few people unexpectedly and they kindly bore my weight. The conclusion - when we drink, we better not stand up. Thing is....whenever I drink, I also need to use the restroom a lot. Well, when there is a will, there is way - so the saying goes. So I'm thinking.....one day, Tim will come home and wonder where I am. I'll be yelling from the throne:
I'm in here....having my evening cocktail!

1 comment:

auntymich said...

(water) closet wino you!