Sunday, April 30, 2006

Counting my blessings.....
I'm annoyed at the boys. They're so unmotivated. They seem to take everything for granted. When I think about it...it makes me mad. So there's a blog that I read every now and then to get some perspective. After all, I know academic performance is not really important. There is so much more to life than that. There is so much more to be grateful for. We have tons of fun together as a family. I have the privelege of being a full-time mother. They will have tons of memories of me as a person. I never really had that with my mother because she was busy pursuing a career. And I think that's a key reason why I continue to do what I do.
Anyway, the blog I read is
http://www.evangabriel.blogspot.com/
It's written by the father of a newborn who lost his mother shortly after birth. Fairly recent. Was asked to help pray for this family as they cope. It's quite heart wrenching to read. I can emphathise with the sense of loss. The struggle to move on. And yet...only time can heal these kinds of things. Although I distinctly remember still experiencing moments of deep grief well into my adult years. Infact, I believe I subconsciously loathed turning 40 yrs old because that was the age my mother passed away. For the longest time, I wanted to be like her in that sense. But then God blessed me with children and now I want to live to a ripe old age so I can spank my great-grandchildren. Hah!
So reading Evan's blog makes me count my blessings. It shakes me out of wallowing self-pity. Life is not fair and by all counts, I've got it pretty good.

No comments: