Thursday, February 09, 2006

Close Shave
I think that, unfortunately, there are many negligent drivers on our roads. Today I visited my friend who is recovering from being hit by one such driver while cycling. There were actually 3 out of 4 cyclists that were affected. Thanks to high quality protective headgear and I'm certain, grace from up there....no lives were lost. I was curious if she had given any thought as to why God had allowed this accident to happen and what His purposes could be. She gave a really heart warming reply. Oddly enough, this accident had actually allowed her to start to fulfil 4 out of 5 objectives she had set out for herself last year. Amazing.
My take on this. That we have a personal God who is aware of the deep desires of our heart and seeks to fulfil them. Sometimes.......these are achieved by the most unexpected, and even undesired, ways.

1 comment:

auntymich said...

yup i cycle with the boys with my heart in my mouth & a prayer on my lips even on the estate roads. glad ur friend found the good in a bad happening.