Thursday, February 16, 2006

Highlights this week..
Going to Corrinne May's concert on Monday night. She is so talented. Love her melodies, love her lyrics even more. It really resonates with me. I identify strongly with her core values that come through very clearly in her songs. Delightful time catching up with my pal over supper afterward. In a nutshell, we both agreed that life is rich mainly because of our relationships.....with family, friends...and I hope one day soon she will see...also with God.

Tuesday - Two incidents that make me wonder about coincidences that I now choose to believe are in reality divine intervention.
Got a text from a friend in the morning about her choir that would like to visit our church. Shot an email to Pastor Peter. He just happened to be making plans for a Prayer Service and was hoping for some sort of string ensemble. He hadn't even dared think about getting a choir. So I made the connection. Hope it worked.
Got a text from another friend in the afternoon. She was about to go off to SKS to hunt for a guide on studying the book of Esther. She felt a strong prompting to call me to ask if I had anything to recommend. Infact, I did! I had just used what I think is an excellent study guide named Life Change Series by the Navigators. I was so pleased she called that I ended up accompanying her to SKS the next day.

Wednesday - Lovely breakfast with a very, very busy friend. Despite her busy-ness, I was able to spend time with her last Friday as well. Just goes to show.....when there is a will, there is a way. It is very possible to carve out time with people who are so busy all the time. I'm still amazed actually. There was some motivation behind it as she sort of took the initiative to meet up I think. Think everyday I should sing that hymn to remind myself......"make me a blessing, make me a blessing".

Today. Visited my hairdresser. We were talking about the difference in standard of living here and Malaysia. Thought there was some profound wisdom in her statement.
Here in Singapore, you just open your eyes and then start to pay and pay.....

Best news for the year for me so far. My dear, dear friend has been smoke free for 55 days. This is a first in something like 20 years. And so you see, there can be miracles when you believe.....



No comments: