Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Building Bridges
I'm referring to human bridges. Relational bridges. Making the effort to spend time together. Discovering common interests. Creating more shared memories. Aiming for a big memory bank of shared smiles, laughs, whatever. Sometimes talking. Sometimes doing not much at all...but together. The original bridges were actually built many years ago. So it hasn't been difficult to pick up from there. So now I find myself investing time and effort into reinforcing these old bridges. Making them wider, stronger, more stable. My aim is for rock solid bridges. I don't know when these bridges will be needed. But I'm hopeful they will be used. Good thing about retrofitted bridges is that it increases traffic. May start off as tentatively one way traffic. With persistence and grace, it gradually becomes two way traffic. With regular use and more investment, I believe it will be very well utilised. I hope it will be the first thing that comes to mind when the moment is right. The moment of realization that each of us here are actually part of a much bigger plan. The bridges that I spent time investing in would serve the exact purpose for which they were created. The bridge that leads the lost home....to their true home.

1 comment:

Auntie KeeCheng said...

That's really cool, Ming Ying! That you also enjoy John Eldredge. We discovered him some years back & had been fans ever since. We've introduced him to lots of friends & perhaps soon we can have a John Eldredge Club somewhere.