Thursday, March 30, 2006

Mental block in the kitchen....
Yesterday I was merrily making Luke a cup of horlicks. So I opened the fridge, reached for what I thought was the carton of milk, opened it and poured it into the cup. The liquid that came out of the carton was dark orange. I had grabbed the carrot juice carton instead. Oh dear. For a split second there, I thought he may not taste the difference. But that would've been mean. So down the drain it went.

Tonite's dinner menu was striploin steak. The boys had finished eating. I was mucking about in the kitchen. It was about 9pm. I knew Tim had a meeting tonite but thought he said he was coming back to eat first. Baobei always goes crazy when we eat steak. It's the smell. She propped herself up on the kitchen counter, drooling longingly at the one steak left....for Tim.
So I text Tim:
Baobei is eyeing ur steak. Think i will give it to her.
His reply:
Grrrrr!
I have no explanation for this. But next thing I knew, I was thoroughly convinced that Tim had gone straight to the meeting and wasn't coming back to eat. So I gave Baobei the steak.
Half an hour later, Tim comes back....to eat dinner. Oh dear.
And so the dog got the steak and the head of the household got instant noodles!

1 comment:

Chris The Baker said...

Oh my...
That's quite funny!