Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Botanics
Once a week I join my friend and we walk all over the Botanics. It's such a lovely, lovely park. Really. It's beautiful. I love the big old trees. I love to walk along the ponds, spot the swans and catch glimpses of fish, terrapins etc. I love to look up and see the sky through the canopy of the tree leaves. The blue sky. The first rays of sun. The endless rows of trees.....the variety appears endless. Green grass. Different types of flowers. The ginger garden. Didn't know about all those varieties of ginger. I love to listen to water too. I always look out for the water features and it makes me smile. We always see a few regulars also. Infact, the Botanics is rather busy in the morning. For all types of creatures - two legged, four legged, wheelchair bound, stroller bound - all sorts. But it just absorbs us all. There's enough room for everybody!
I'm been studying the first few chapters of Genesis in BSF recently. I feel so very happy to be able to walk around the Botanics and imagine I'm getting a glimpse of the garden of Eden. I think Eden was much, much more beautiful than the Botanics though.

No comments: