Tuesday, March 21, 2006

Day 39
This is taken from Dwight Hill's booklet Mission Critical: 90 Days of Meditations for the Marketplace. Buck shared it with us when we were having drinks at One Rochester few nights ago. It has stuck in my head. It's about the need to 'create margin in our lives'.
Get Less Done but Do the Right Things.
Assess all your activities as to their spiritual authenticity.
Ever get the feeling when you have too many things to do that you don't even know where to start? Then, instead of doing anything...it just feels better to procrastinate. Which makes things worse. Then there are other days when I feel super efficient. Got so many things done. Ah...but were they the right things?
And so I'm going to continue chewing on this thought for the next few days.
What are the 'Right things' that I ought to be doing? And hopefully after I figure that out, I will be at peace with the concept of 'getting less things done'.

1 comment:

auntymich said...

i'm enjoying the extra "margin" in my life these days but the temptation is to fill the hours with new activity, or even a nap...